Paid Internship - Strategic Purchasing (m/f)
Paid Internship - Strategic Purchasing (m/f)
Do you have a passion for analytics and strategic, critical thinking? Do you see yourself engaging in commercial and relationship activities with P&G Suppliers? You “can smell and close a great deal”? You want to face different challenges every single day? Then Strategic Purchases is your place to be.
We spend more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world. Strategic Purchases is a critical discipline within the Product Supply organization, which controls the spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors.
As a Purchases Intern in this ecosystem, you will work with a Purchases Manager, leading a significant project within one of our segments or spend areas.
Starting from Day 1, you will:
- Analyze sourcing markets and build industry knowledge.
- Integrate and collaborate with cross-functional business teams.
- Look for new technologies, and advise your internal business partners with innovative solutions and providers.
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and build the right relationships to deliver excellent results.
- Own the recommendation for an important project or commercial transformation.
- Always treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly: we consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver our renowned products around the world.
What you can expect from us
We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do.
We design internships to give students an intensive immersion in the exciting corporate environment we work in. To do this, since Day 1, we will empower you to make a difference: you will be entrusted with a live business project to lead, own and execute.
We know it will be a challenge, but we care about every individual: you will receive a customized learning plan to ensure you get the right levels of coaching, mentorship and formal training as you deliver your work at P&G.
As you manage to fulfill your key projects for the internship, you may grow to handle different spend areas, increase your responsibilities in terms of expenditure, and become responsible for some of P&G’s biggest and most important supplier and innovation activities. Most exciting of all is that a successful completion of the assigned projects may lead to a permanent position in our Company.
If you are a student with strong dedication to lead, hunger to learn, ability to overcome barriers, passion for winning and an interest in pursuing a career at P&G - this internship is for you.
Please note that to be eligible for an internship you need to be a student for the major length of your internship or, if you are taking a gap year between the Bachelor and Master, this gap should not exceed 12 months.
We are looking for:
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business.
- Real passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to connect the dots.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Strong English verbal and writing skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Housing support: we provide you with a furbished accommodation in Geneva at a convenient rate, co-located with many other interns/new hires (applicable only if you currently live >75km from Geneva).
- Round trip ticket to Geneva, subsidized meals in our canteen, free public transport in Geneva, on-site gym, company store, on-site hair salon, sports teams and “new-hire network” are among the many benefits.
Further helpful information to make the application process smooth:
- Just apply via clicking the button below
- Have your CV in English ready to attach (include examples of the challenging experiences you have had both within and outside academia)
- Make sure to attach a summary of your latest grades
- Please note individual attachments cannot be larger than 500 KB
Who we are:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship. The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open, transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment.
P&G is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to legal restrictions, immigration sponsorship is available only for EU/EFTA nationalities. All candidate with non - EU/EFTA nationalities are encouraged to check out opportunities in countries where they can obtain a work permit.
Petit Lancy, Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Job Type: Full time
Job categories: Purchases
Req No: R000013566
Procter & Gamble ist ein US-amerikanischer, global vertretener Konzern für Konsumgüter mit Hauptsitz in Ohio. Der Sitz für die schweiz- und europaweiten Aktivitäten ist in Genf angesiedelt. Mehr über Procter & Gamble