Purchasing Manager (m/f)
Purchasing Manager (m/f)
Purchasing Manager - Geneva
Do you have a passion for analytics and strategic, critical thinking? Do you see yourself engaging in commercial and relationship activities with P&G Suppliers? You “can smell and close a great deal”? You want to face different challenges every single day? Then Strategic Purchases is your place to be.
We spend more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world.
Strategic Purchases is a critical discipline within the Product Supply organization, which controls the spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors.
As a Purchases Manager in this ecosystem, you will be the commercial leader at the forefront of all supply-chain and strategic sourcing activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. You are the eyes and ears of the Company, connecting with a variety of industries and players.
Starting from Day 1, you will:
- Develop extensive market knowledge and deep understanding of the assigned industry.
- Elaborate sourcing strategies to increase our innovation pipeline, drive cost savings and influence industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiate best-value deals with the right suppliers to meet the Company’s business need.
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams.
- Constantly look for new technologies, and recommend innovative solutions and providers to your internal business partners.
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and build the right relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Build a sustainable supply base for the World to become a better place.
- Always treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly: we consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver our renowned products around the world.
What you can expect from us:
We live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do.
Since Day 1, we will empower you to make a difference: you will own a spend area to manage, and you will lead the strategic sourcing work for all related goods or services. Also, we will trust you for the deal management and for all the internal recommendations, as well as for the external relationships with your suppliers.
We know it will be a challenge, but we care about every individual: you will receive a customized learning plan made of formal trainings (Sourcing College, Negotiation Classes…), and you will also get the right levels of coaching and mentorship that will enable you to deliver the best value to the Company.
Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level. We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth.
If you are a Master student or a young professional with strong dedication to lead, hunger to learn, ability to overcome barriers, passion for winning and an interest in pursuing a career at P&G - this job is for you.
We are looking for:
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business.
- Maximum 3 years of work experience
- Real passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to connect the dots.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Strong English verbal and writing skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
Who we are:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but significant ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship. The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open, visible, and that supports good causes and protects the environment.
P&G is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Due to legal restrictions, immigration sponsorship is available only for EU/EFTA nationalities. All candidate with non - EU/EFTA nationalities are encouraged to check out opportunities in countries where they can acquire a work permit.
Further helpful information to make the application process smooth:
- Just apply via clicking the button below.
- Have your CV in English ready to attach.
Petit Lancy, Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Job Type: Full time
Job categories: Purchases
Req No: R000013241
Procter & Gamble ist ein US-amerikanischer, global vertretener Konzern für Konsumgüter mit Hauptsitz in Ohio. Der Sitz für die schweiz- und europaweiten Aktivitäten ist in Genf angesiedelt. Mehr über Procter & Gamble